Triptych

Triptic

For this brief we were set the task of going to a certain geographical location finding things on the floor that have a link between them. My geographical location was on top of steep hill the cobble courtyard between the castle and cathedral, because this is such a busy and public place it has constant cleaning going on throughout the day it is hard to find things scattered across the floor so instead I went up on a Friday night just after everyone would have left to go to the clubs. At this time there was a lot of rubbish and I found three things on the floor that all linked together. The link between these 3 items is the fact they are all used on a normal night out. This consists of a bottle, a lighter (now broken) and gum which are all normally around on a night out clubbing. I took these items out of there locations and bought them back to my room where I tried to create a mini studio shoot. Unfortunately, my lighting wasn’t perfect so in every shot even though the settings were kept the same the exposure came out slightly different which overall doesn’t help with creating a flawless triptych shot. If I was to shoot all these photos again I would try to use better lighting so overall all the shots came out with the same background lighting which would create a better flow across all the photos. Overall I think the idea behind the objects used is very creative and a different perspective on a use of a geographical location and the overall photos capture still life very well keeping the items from blurring in with the background also being very sharply in focus at all points making it clear and easy to see.